CFE’s Annual Teachers as Leaders and Learners Workshop is one of the only city-wide events facilitated by and for Chicago-area teachers. Each year, it offers PreK-12th Grade educators the opportunity to share effective teaching practices and collaborate with colleagues.
CFE's 2017 Teacher Workshop – "Rise & Thrive: Empowering Our Students and Each Other" – was held on Saturday, October 28th from 8:00am-1:00pm at Whitney Young High School.
The Opening Session included a Panel centered around the theme "Emotional Intelligence in Schools: The Needs and Benefits". Our Panel was composed of several bright and engaging Chicago-area professionals:
- Kevin Coval [Moderator], Artistic Director of Young Chicago Authors & Founder of "Louder Than A Bomb: The Chicago Youth Poetry Festival"
- Alana Baum [Panelist], Clinical Psychologist and Northwestern Adjunct Professor
- Jennifer Ferrari [Panelist], Chief of Schools at Distinctive Schools
- Troy LaRaviere [Panelist], President of Chicago Principals and Administrators Association & former Blaine Elementary School Principal
- Heather Schwartz [Panelist], Practice Specialist at Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning (CASEL)