CFE Study Groups bring together PreK-8th grade CPS educators (Team Members) to learn effective teaching methods from their peers (Coaches). Coaches are identified each Spring, and then a catalog of Study Group offerings is shared with teachers across the district. Potential Team Members review the catalog and apply, ranking their top two choices.
The Study Group Program launches in June with an Orientation Dinner, during which groups come together, create shared goals, and develop a schedule for their meetings. During meetings, Team Members share strategies, support each other through implementation, and adapt teaching methods for optimal efficacy across classrooms. Peer feedback and reflection on progress are hallmarks of the Study Group process. Collaboration becomes essential, allowing teachers to share suggestions and form a network of fellow professionals working toward similar goals. Benefits to Team Members include the following:
- Learn, adapt, and implement a teaching approach that has been proven to increase academic achievement
- Obtain ongoing mentoring from your Coach and support from your CPS colleagues
- Receive $300 to purchase instructional materials for your classroom
- Earn up to 20 CPDUs
The 2017 Team Member Grant Application is now closed. A list of our 2017 Study Group offerings can be found here in our brochure.
Dates and Deadlines
- Application Available: Monday, March 27, 2017
- Application Due: Monday, April 24, 2017
- Notifications Sent via Email: Mid-May 2017
- Mandatory Study Group Dinner: June 2017
- Meetings and Implementation: June through November 2017