CFE Study Groups bring together PreK-12th grade CPS educators (Team Members) to learn effective teaching methods from their peers (Coaches). Coaches were identified in March, and a brochure of our 22 Study Group offerings is now available to teachers across the district. Potential Team Members are welcome to review this brochure and apply, ranking their top two choices. CFE's 2018 Study Group Brochure is now available.
The Study Group Program launches in June with Coach-led kick-off meetings, wherein groups come together for the first time to set shared goals and develop a meeting schedule. During subsequent meetings, Team Members share strategies, support each other through implementation, and adapt teaching methods for optimal efficacy across classrooms. Peer feedback and reflection on progress are hallmarks of the Study Group process. Collaboration becomes essential, allowing teachers to share suggestions and form a network of fellow professionals working toward similar goals. Benefits to Team Members include the following:
- Learn new teaching methods and strategies in such topic areas as
STEM, math, creative dance, guided reading, and more.
- Obtain content and lessons learned from teachers who have extensive experience in each study group topic.
- Gain an opportunity to connect and network with colleagues across the district.
- Receive 15 PDHs and $300 for classroom materials and resources.
Dates and Deadlines
- Application Available: Now Available
- Application Due: Monday, April 23, 2018
- Notifications Sent via Email: Mid-May 2018
- Study Group Kick-Off Meeting: June 2018 (each group will hold its own meeting based on group member availability)
- Meetings and Implementation: June through November 2018