Chicago Foundation for Education Small Grants fund the implementation of classroom and school-wide curricular projects that respond to the specific academic, social, and emotional needs of a student population. Grants of up to $600 are available to fund books, supplies, materials, field trips, or any other items that will deepen student engagement and promote active learning.
Opportunity Schools Classroom Grants
This year, we are including a pilot program within Small Grants called "Classroom Grants". CFE will award Classroom Grants to 20 new teachers working in CPS’s Opportunity Schools. Each grant will be in the amount of $500, and grantees may purchase resources and materials ranging from general classroom supplies to books to artifacts.
Each application is evaluated by a minimum of three CFE volunteers who use a common rubric to assess how the teachers determined student needs.
Dates and Deadlines
- 2018-19 CFE Small Grant Application Information
- 2018-19 Small Grant Application: APPLY NOW!
- 2018-19 Opportunity Schools Classroom Grant Application: APPLY NOW!
- Application Deadline: Monday, November 5
- Implementation: January through May 2019.