Chicago Foundation for Education Small Grants fund the implementation of classroom and school-wide curricular projects that respond to the specific academic, social, and emotional needs of a student population. Grants of up to $600 are available to fund books, supplies, materials, field trips, or any other items that will deepen student engagement and promote active learning. Each application is evaluated by a minimum of three CFE volunteers who use a common rubric to assess how the teachers determined student needs.
Sample Small Grant Projects / 2016-17 Winners
- First Grade Film Festival – Sora Lim and Jessica Lopez Rosario (Hibbard ES)
- Chromebooks to Help Us into the 21st Century! – James Hanley (Stevenson ES)
- Bringing Our Garden To Life! – Kara Silverglat (AUSL – National Teachers Academy ES)
- Building Our Own Robots – Kris Beck (Stone ES)
- Empathy through Literature – Joni Beam and Amy Hasapis (Lovett ES)
Dates and Deadlines
- 2017-18 CFE Small Grant Application Information
- 2017-18 Application: OPEN NOW!
- Implementation: January through May 2018.