CFE's 2014-15 Small Grant Application is STILL OPEN!
Apply online by Monday, November 3rd.
Chicago Foundation for Education Small Grants fund the implementation of classroom and school-wide curricular projects that respond to the specific academic, social, and emotional needs of a student population. Grants of up to $600 are available to fund books, supplies, materials, field trips, or any other items that will deepen student engagement and promote active learning. Each application is evaluated by a minimum of three CFE volunteers who use a common rubric to assess how the teachers determined student needs.
Sample Small Grant Projects / 2013-14 Winners
322 teachers across 169 CPS schools earned 287 grants of up to $600 each in December 2014. Titles of winnng projects include:
- Building Perserverance in Mathematics – Concepcion Valenzuela (Gary ES)
- CSI Chicago: Forensic Science Edition – Sheena Walker (Fort Dearborn Arts ES)
- Nonfiction Reading: Expository Texts – Mary Lyons (Saucedo Math & Science ES)
Dates and Deadlines
- 2014-15 Small Grant Application: NOW OPEN
- Application Deadline: Monday, November 3, 2014
- Implementation: January through May 2015