Chicago Foundation for Education Small Grants fund the implementation of classroom and school-wide curricular projects that respond to the specific academic, social, and emotional needs of a student population. Grants of up to $600 are available to fund books, supplies, materials, field trips, or any other items that will deepen student engagement and promote active learning. Each application is evaluated by a minimum of three CFE volunteers who use a common rubric to assess how the teachers determined student needs.
Sample Small Grant Projects / 2014-15 Winners
309 teachers across 161 CPS schools earned 283 grants of up to $600 each in December 2014. Titles of winnng projects include:
- Interactive Math Stations – Lorna King (Kellman Language ES)
- It's Magic! No, Just Chemistry – Craig Johnson (Canty ES)
- Independent Reading Library Enhancement – Tiffany Barnes (Newberry Math & Science ES)
Dates and Deadlines
- 2015-16 Small Grant Application is Now Closed. Award Notifications will be sent in early December 2015 via email.
- Application Deadline: Monday, November 2, 2015
- Implementation: January through May 2016