The ARLI application deadline has passed, and all interviews have been conducted. Applicants will be notified of award status by Thursday, July 31, 2014. Please contact CFE with any questions!
For more than 10 years, CFE has offered Action Research Leadership Institute Fellowships (ARLI, formerly TNLI) to Chicago’s most outstanding PreK-8th grade teachers. Action research is the systematic process of looking closely at a specific aspect of one’s practice in order to improve student outcomes, improve the school environment, and make positive changes to one’s teaching. Fellows conduct action research in their schools, increase their leadership engagement, and use their findings to impact education policy.
The ARLI Program spans the full academic year, during which Fellows reflect on the strategies they are using to improve both the quality of their teaching and student achievement. Our University Advisor leads 45 hours of monthly meetings, organized around the action research process. Discussions and activities are student-focused and include:
- Readings from a textbook and supplementary articles from professional journals
- Collection of data, reflection on practice, and analysis of data
- Peer support and feedback
- Individual coaching of each Fellow
The 2014-15 application window has closed.
Dates and Deadlines
- 2014-15 Application Due: Monday, June 30, 2014
- Finalist Notification via email: Monday, July 14, 2014
- Interviews: July 23 & 24, 2014
- Award Notification via email: July 31, 2014
- Cohort Meetings: September 2014 to June 2015
- Fellow Presentations: June 2015